Download My Resume’
Highly Experienced Sales Engineer/Solution Architect seeking a new role to focus 100% effort on creating solutions that bring value to an appreciative employer and customer.
WatchGuard Technologies, Inc. | Sales Engineer – South Central
1/2016 – 1/2017
US Remote Field Based
- Managed and exceeded annual revenue goals of $6.3mm in revenue.
- Managed 8 state territory for training of 65+ Gold and Silver partners.
- Architected security solutions that included integration of Unified Threat Management Firewall, Layer 2/3 switching, wireless, radius authentication, active directory, LDAP, multi-factor authentication.
- Designed Security Solutions to utilize Deep Packet Inspection, Gateway Antivirus, Intrusion Prevention, Web URL Filtering, Spam Protection, Advanced Persistent Threat Protection, Data Loss Prevention, Botnet Detection, Mobile Security, Application Control, Threat Detection and Response, Network Discovery, Cloud Based Wireless with Wireless Intrusion Prevention and Network Visibility, to create the most robust and secure networks possible.
- Evangelized technical and business related information at 40+ industry tradeshows and various lunch and learns events focusing on cybercrime, combatting advanced malware, the history of cybercrime and ransomware and other advanced topics.
Chosen to develop and perform Key Note Speech for Henry Schein’s annual technology conference (The largest medical/dental technology group in the US. Key note presentation over a 3-day conference generated over $100,000 in new revenue for the partner in small table-top and midrange firewall appliances and services.
TelePacific Communications | Hosted PBX Design Manager (Architect)
9/2013 – 1/2016
Remote Office & Richardson, Texas
- Diligently navigated the service delivery process including managed services engineering, systems translations, field operations, training and various vendors to deliver services.
- Wrote detailed project plans, call flows and work matrices per customer’s specifications.
- Maintained extremely accurate records of communications between entities both internal and external to record efforts and ensure that services were expediently delivered.
- Maintained a 95+% customer satisfaction rating over the 250+ installs completed.
Managed projects for 5 customers with multi-location VoIP deployments across CA and TX simultaneously for a total of 53 locations and 500+ handsets with full network security and routing/switching solutions over an 8-week period delivering each location on time and greater that 95% accuracy.
Exceptional Technology Solutions, LLC | Founder – Leader – Solution Architect
11/2008 – 6/2013
- Drove effort to open business in the SLED sector specializing in MSP services to Local, County and State Law Enforcement agencies.
- Interviewed, hired and developed highly professional team of sales and technical personnel including a helpdesk, NOC and Engineering Staff with the intent of developing future leaders.
- Architected a hybrid cloud solution utilizing best of breed technology to provide a dynamically allocated network infrastructure solution for our clients with an in-house Datacenter for redundancy and Disaster Recovery.
- Evangelized Technology Solutions to C-Suite and Municipal leaders exceeding annual revenue goals for the organization.
- Presented at MSP World panel discussing the best practices of MSPs globally.
Hired an employee with minimal skills as my personal assistant. Developed the employee over 3 years to move into technical roles and eventually a project engineer with multiple certifications and an AA in IT.
Proposed, closed, architected and delivered multiple wireless networks through E-Rate to School Districts in East Texas providing WIFI services to over 10,000 students with a total deal value of $1.2MM.
AMI Technology Solutions, LLC | Founder – COO – Solution Architect
11/2005 – 11/2008
- Led a Team of 10 Direct Reports in Dallas, San Antonio and Tyler Texas.
- Designed and developed advanced technology solutions to meet client’s needs.
- Presented to C-Suite with dynamic technology solutions to persuade them to allow AMI to be their trusted technology advisor.
XO Communications, Inc. | Sales Engineer, Installation and Repair Supervisor, Lead Technician - Installation and Repair
- Dallas, Texas
- San Antonio, Texas
- Austin, Texas
Bachelors of Fine Arts in Visual Communications
- American Intercontinental University
- Years Attended - 2004 - 2005
- GPA - 3.55
- Status - 92 Credit Hours
Bachelors of Science in Business Administration
- University of Phoenix
- Years Attended - 2003 - 2004
- GPA - 3.75
- Status - 42 Hours Completed
United Stated Army | 31F Switching Systems Supervisor
Duty Stations Include:
- Fort Jackson, SC - Basic Training
- Fort Gordon, GA - AIT (36M)
- Fort Richardson, AK - Permanent Duty
- Charlie Co., 6th Signal Battalion, 6th Infantry Division (Light)
- Team Chief - Divarty Platoon Division Artillery Support
- Fort Hood, Texas - Permanent Duty 36M/31F2P
- Bravo Co., 13th Signal Battalion, 1st Cavalry Division
- Team Chief - Echo 31 Tactical Operations Center Support (Advanced Party)
- AWS Solution Architect – Associate (Course complete - Certification Pending)
- WatchGuard Firewall Essentials Certification
- WatchGuard Policy Management Certification
- WatchGuard Certified Sales Engineer
- WatchGuard Certified Sales Professional
- WatchGuard Demo Certified on Firewall, Dimension, Cloud Managed WIFI
- Trapeze Wireless Certified Wireless Engineer
- VMWare VSP
- VMWare VTSP
- Virtual Bridges Virtual Desktop Planner and Engineer
- Dell Certified Managed Services Engineer
- Dell Certified Managed Services Planner
- Dell Certified Managed Services Solutions Architect
- TelePacific (Momentum Telecom) Certified Hosted PBX Solution Architect
- 30+ Legacy PBX and Voicemail Certifications completed since 1995 including Lucent/Avaya, Inter-tel, Vodavi and many others.
Currently Studying for:
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions (70-534) Certification (Anticipated EOQ2 – 2017)
- CompTIA Certified Security Analyst+