Educating customers about cybersecurity technology, and best practices for solving key security issues.
Proficient, knowledgeable, and motivated Sales Engineer with a successful track record of technical and sales success at every step of the sales cycle. A motivated professional who excels at delivering quality service while exceeding revenue benchmarks on a consistent basis. Well-versed in multiple security domains including, cyber, cloud, networking, and physical (IP/CCTV) security. Profoundly adept at public speaking with aspirations of speaking to ever more prominent audiences.
- Highly skilled in the art of interfacing with senior executives and building relationships that transcend the business lifecycle.
- Highly experienced in creating detailed bills of materials for advanced solutions that often include multiple technologies and multiple vendors.
- Advanced knowledge of IT methodologies including the OSI model and the Cyber Kill Chain.
Fortra (A Help Systems Company)
2/2022 – Present
Principal Technical Product Marketing Manager
- Supported all sales channels in U.S and Globally with technical marketing support to include public speaking, competitive review and technical review.
- Created a 12-page competitive guide between Alert Logic and Arctic Wolf Networks highlighting strengths and weaknesses to show differentiators between services by each company. Within 1 week of delivery to sales teams the asset was used to win multiple deals.
- Wrote and reviewed multiple technical articles over the 1H2022 that are published to the AL Blog and other technical media sources.
- Provided thought leadership around Managed Detection and Response for the AL Product Roadmap.
- Worked with a team of developers and engineers to rebuild the Alert Logic Platform demo system to assist the Sales Engineers, Sales Teams and Strategic Partners to more effectively demonstrate the solution to prospective clients.
AT&T Business – Public Sector – FirstNet
8/2020 – Present
Lead, System Sales Engineer – 4 – Cybersecurity
Dallas Tx/Remote Field Based
- Supported all state level and below entities and agencies for the eastern half of the United States.
- Provided support to 7 Application Sales Executives who in turn supported 125 direct sellers and technical sellers.
- Developed and presented complex solutions around SIEM and 3rd party integration for higher-ed (Community College to Division 1 Universities) across 24 states in the South and Eastern United States.
- Developed “The Cybersecurity TechSegment”, a bi-weekly technical training session for technical sellers across the AT&T Cybersecurity sales teams for Public Sector and Healthcare. Maintained for over 1 year consistently.
- Wrote multiple technical articles for AT&T Cybersecurity Blog and a 31-page whitepaper explaining Secure Access Service Edge technology and how it was deployed for a healthcare customer.
- Exceeded quota with 154% of quota for 2020.
AT&T Cybersecurity/AlienVault (Global Business)
10/2018 – 8/2020
Technical Sales Consultant – 3 – Cybersecurity
Austin Tx/Remote Field Based
- Trained and developed over 150 AT&T Legacy employees on the USM Anywhere Platform for both technical proficiencies.
- Developed Proof of Concept Plan that was successfully utilized to prove value to 50+ potential customers as an integral part of the sales process.
- Developed demonstrations that communicated features and benefits of the managed security services portfolio to multiple Fortune 500 customers at the Enterprise Business Center and the Corporate Business Center in Bedminster, NJ and Dallas, TX.
- Developed extensive training program around the AlienVault USM Anywhere platform for use in the training of all future Technical Sales Consultants in the Cybersecurity Business Unit.
- Provides technical knowledge and expertise to sales team in support of sales initiatives around the Healthcare, SLED and Financial market segments at the Global Enterprise, Midmarket and SMB levels.
- Day to day activity includes evangelizing the benefits, features and functions around AT&T Cybersecurity’s Managed Security Services offerings.
8/2017 – 2/2018
Sales Engineer – US, South East
Remote Field Based
- Played an integral part in growing revenue by 300% year over year with further anticipated growth.
- Canvassed 11 state region that included, AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, OK, SC, TN, TX, with 75%+ annual travel.
- Trained and certified 40+ Partners/Systems Integrators across the U.S. for in technical and sales disciplines.
- Produced cyber-security equipped, surveillance networks based on IndigoVision’s patented Cyber-Security solution that utilizes AI to monitor “Surveillance Only Devices” on the network for DDOS attacks, illegal access to both proprietary and ONVIF based cameras, network scans and video streaming from unauthorized devices.
WatchGuard Technologies, Inc.
1/2016 – 1/2017
Sales Engineer – South Central US
Remote Field Based
- Exceeded annual revenue goals of $6.3mm in revenue achieving 104% of quota.
- Devised advanced cyber-security solution for 5 to 10,000 users across SMB, Enterprise, and Distributed Networks.
- Specialized in Perimeter Network Security Solutions, Enterprise Cloud-Based Wireless Solutions, Threat Detection, Analysis, and Response, as well as Network Monitoring and Visibility, Reporting with real-time management.
- Maintained an 8-state territory including TX, OK, AR, NM, KS, LA, MO, CO, training of 65+ Gold and Silver level partners on the company’s products and solutions with 50%+ annual travel.
- Presented technical and business-related information at 40+ industry tradeshows focusing on cyber-security, cyber-crime, hacking, battling malware, ransomware, and advanced persistent threats.
- Developed complex technical and training solutions specifically targeting K-12 and Higher Ed customer in the TOLA region.
9/2013 – 1/2016
Hosted Design Manager (Architect)
Remote Office & Richardson, Texas
- Developed HPBX solutions for assigned customers, delivering on 50+ projects per month.
- Coordinated multiple resources through the service delivery process including managed services engineering, systems translations, field operations, training and various vendors.
- Composed and communicated detailed project plans, call flows, and work matrices to facilitate TPx and customer resources to collaborate during the deployment and delivery with minimal impact on the customer’s network.
Exceptional Technology Solutions, LLC
11/2008 – 6/2013
COO, GM, Solution Architect
- Founded and grew to maturity, a dynamic MSP from 1 employee at inception in 2009 to 20 staff by 2012.
- Designed products and services that were attractive to a wide variety of clients for SMB to Enterprise.
- Devised specialized technology offerings for Law Enforcement & Municipalities including CJIS Auditing Service.
- Provided business and technical leadership to achieve goals set for the ETS team of sales and technical staff.
- Presented Technical Solutions to Senior IT, C-Suite and Government leaders.
- Targeted K-12 and Higher Ed customers in conjunction with multiple vendor partners to develop and deliver complex technical solution across the full-stack IT solutions including security.
AMI Technology Solutions, LLC
11/2005 – 11/2008
Founder- Solution Architect
- Led a Team of 10 Direct Reports in Dallas, San Antonio, and Tyler Texas.
- Negotiated the acquisition of 4 competitors over an 18-month high- growth time frame.
- Procured multiple investors with equity for cash investments for new market expansion.
XO Communications, Inc.
Install/Repair Supervisor, Sales Engineer
Dallas, Austin & San Antonio, Texas
- United States Army – 31F Switching Systems Supervisor 1990 – 1995
- A Co. 2/7 Infantry Bn, Training Regiment (Basic Training) Ft. Jackson, SC 1990 – 1991
- C. Co. 6th Signal Bn, 6th Infantry Div. (Light) Ft Richardson, AK 1991 – 1993
- B. Co. 13th Signal Bn, 1st Cavalry Div. Ft. Hood, TX 1994 – 1995
- Enlisted – Specialist 4th Class
- BFA – Visual Communication & Digital Design – American Intercontinental University 2005
- BS – Business Administration – University of Phoenix Online (coursework) 2003
- Palo Alto Networks Accredited Systems Engineer (PSE): Associate Foundation Accreditation
- Palo Alto Networks Accredited Systems Engineer (PSE): Foundation Accreditation
- AlienVault Certified Security Engineer – AVSE
- CompTIA Security+ (Coursework & 30 Hrs. CPE Complete)
- IndigoVision Certified System Engineer
- IndigoVision Certified System Trainer
- Amazon Web Services – Solution Architect – Associate (Coursework Complete)
- WatchGuard Firewall Essentials Certification
- WatchGuard Policy Management Certification
- Trapeze Wireless Certified Wireless Engineer
- Trapeze Wireless Certified Wireless Planner
- Dell Certified Managed Services Provider
- Dell Certified Managed Services Planner